We all know how frustrating it can be when we have a power cut, but what do businesses do when this happens? Power cuts can happen at any time and for any reason, businesses who are prepared have back up systems and procedures in place, most of which include generators.
It may come to as a surprise to you but there are many businesses, even some which you never thought about use back up generators to keep their operations running smooth 24/7 – you would never know if there was a power cut.
Bellwood Rewinds specialise in portable diesel generators can be used for domestic purposes such as powering a home if they run out of power. Industrial diesel generators are regularly used in commercial facilities such as offices, construction sites, nursing homes and other types of businesses and industries.
We’ve listed some of our top industry services and why they need industrial diesel generators for their business;
Hospitality and Tourism
When the power cuts out, these locations need to make sure their guests and residents are safe and secure at all times.
- Hotels; the use of heating, lights, elevators, security cameras, communication services.
- Resorts; Restaurants and pool filtrations.
- Amusement Parks; rides, food storage and prep, and toilet facilities.
- Zoos; keeping cages locked, temperature of animal enclosures, keeping lights on for guests
- Casinos; slot machines, cash machines, security cameras and communication systems.
When the power fails these companies can’t afford to lose all of their products due to uncontrolled temperatures and conditions.
- Distribution Centres; freezers, refrigerators, loading banks and computing systems
- Bakeries and Catering Centres; ovens and packing equipment
- Restaurants; stoves, refrigerators, and cash registers
- Water Treatments; pumps, filtration systems, computers, communications
- Schools and Universities; lights, computer systems and servers, libraries
- Waste and Recycling; separation equipment, cleaning equipment, computers
Power Plants and Energy
To avoid running out of power most modern power plants often have generators installed for worst case scenarios.
- Nuclear Power Plants; most have standby gensets installed for contingency plans
- Wind Farms; when the wind doesn’t blow many wind farms have a backup generator set in place
- Solar Power Plants; for when the sun isn’t shining, many solar installations will have a generator back up.
- Renewable Energy Facilities and Microgrids; systems with combined renewable and energy storage often have generators.
These are just a handful of the many industries that utilise backup generators. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t running in the background. You might have even been in a store that had a major power failure and didn’t even notice because their generator kept things running smoothly.
If you’d like to learn more about industrial backup generators then don’t hesitate to contact Bellwood Rewinds today for more information.